Friday, April 3, 2009

The Rehearsal Dinner

I have spent the past several days thinking about how I wanted to address the wedding. I have decided to let Thelma post pictures of the wedding as I don't want to steal anything away from her and Trevor's very special day. I'm going to do a post on the rehearsal dinner, another post on a bridesmaids perspective of getting ready, and then one more post highlighting on a few of the fun times that Sarah, Leah, "the boys", and I had!

Everyone has a job...
Friday morning found us ladies in the kitchen working on cutting the lettuce, dicing tomatoes, chopping cucumbers, and making cookies. Sawyer got in on the lettuce cutting and kept us entertained with his questions and remarks! Add in the boys, who were spinning lettuce for a bit... we were in stitches during that period of time!
The menu for the dinner was lasagna, salad with all the fixings, bread sticks, and chocolate chip cookies. We were pretty busy all morning, but the fellowship and goofy-ness made the time fly by in a hurry!

Warming their hands... :o)
We arrived at the church about two hours before hand so that the lasagnas would have plenty of time to cook. After all of the boxes and bags were unloaded and the tables were set and decorated, we had a bit of free time... some of us were rather cold and this cookie sheet came in handy for warming our cold fingers!

A Happy Helper!
Mrs. Franco (Bethany's mother) jumped right in and aided in getting things ready for dinner.

Doesn't she look excited?!

Going through the line
Finally, after a seemingly long time, it was time to eat! Since the rehearsal was held BEFORE dinner I'm sure everyone was really hungry (I was at least!). It was really good!

Tristan didn't really care about the food... all he wanted was a glass of sweet tea! :o)

Ashley & LD
Ashley is Thelma's best friend as well as being her Matron of Honor. It was good to see Ashley and her husband, LD, again; it's been quite some time.

By the time dinner was cleaned up, the suburban re-packed, and all the Castleburys and Pelcs rounded up it was a sometime between 9:30 and 10:00 (I think. The days and times have begun to run together... there was many a late night at this point in time!). We didn't get home until 11:30 or so and there was still a hem to put in my dress and work to be done on Momma' dress. Sarah so sweetly volunteered to put in my hem which freed me up to clean up the things that had been packed into the 'burb. We called it a night sometime between... 12:00 and 1:00 in the morning! Yikes!!! I had to be at the church by 9:30 the next morning....

To be continued! :o)


Sarah said...

What a fun post, Ashley! It has been so enjoyable to hear your perspective on everything . . . you are a good writer. :) I have also very much enjoyed seeing your photos from the weekend. And you just had to post the photo of Leah and I with your Mom warming our hands! ;) :) That was quite . . . entertaining. :) The warm cookie sheet did help, though! :)

Thelma does look just a bit excited in that photo! :) She was simply glowing that night. And what a blessing it was to have Mrs. Franco’s help in the kitchen! She is the one who put the toppings on the breadsticks, and they turned out so good!

By the time it came to be our turn to get some food and sit down, I was more than ready to, also. And you are right, it was good!

I had to laugh when reading your description/caption to go with the photo of Tristan . . . he sure does like his sweet tea!

The days are kind of running together for me too . . . I have asked myself more than one time “What day did we do this?” :)

Sarah said...

I forgot to mention in my last comment that it is a marvelous idea to let Thelma post about the wedding! :) Very sweet of you. :)

Ashley said...

Thank you for your comment Sarah! It was a real blessing!