Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Daddy

Today is a special day for my Daddy. It's his birthday!!! Happy Birthday!!!
I consider myself very blessed to have him for my Daddy.....

There are several qualities that I really love about my Daddy. 1) He is willing to uphold what the Lord says and not what man dictates. 2)When Daddy makes a decision you know it's the right one. He mulls things over and thinks them out before making a decision on anything! 3) He works hard, and at times long hours, to provide for his family. 4) He's a logical thinker and can point out different things that you hadn't even thought of. 5)He enjoys working and being with his family!
Of course, there are many other things that I love about him but these are the most loved.

Mommas been causing all kinds delicious smells to waft through the house and I hear that there is homemade ice cream on the menu as well! I see a monstrous pile of meat thawing on the counter, potato salad in the refrigerator, and the ice tea (a necessity here!) is brewing all day long! I think Daddy is in for "the party of his life"!
Happy Birthday Daddy!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Dear Ashley,
Please wish your daddy a very happy birthday from us! You are so blessed to have such a godly daddy. I know he is thankful to have you for his daughter. I am sure he enjoyed his party and all the good things your momma made!
Blessings,
Paula