Monday, January 7, 2008

One of My New Year Goals

Many people make New Year resolutions at this time of the year. Loosing weight, going on a budget, etc. are at the top of many peoples' list. I used to make New Year resolutions just because I knew others would ask me about it and then, it just seems like something to do since everyone I knew were making them. However, during the past several years I have changed my outlook on making New Year resolutions. Resolutions tend to fall through or not even "effect" a real change on anything I do. So, this year I'm making goals. I've come to realize that there is more that I could be doing for my Mom and family and this is where I'm going to focus the majority of my attention.


As many of y'all know, I'm BIG into lists! They keep me focused on what there is to accomplish in a day; if I don't have a list (written down) I tend to wander around wondering 'what-on-earth-was-I-supposed-to-be-doing", and getting nothing done besides wasting time.
Last Friday I sat down and I listed the housework that I wanted to get done each day. Then I taped them up right above my dresser.


Putting them here means that I will be reminded, each time I turn around, of what I need to accomplish that day. You can most likely see my daily list if you click on the picture!
Since I've chosen to learn from my Mother about homemaking, I thought this would be the best way to put what I've learned into practice along with taking some of the load off of her shoulders.
I've also been in a re-organization/clean out my room mood! As I was telling my Dad, "I get into these moods every three weeks or so", and they usually come because things are very disorganized in my room (dis-organized in my eyes! my family says that my room is never disorganized or messy). Did I ever tell you that I love to organize, clean up a room, and make things neat???????!
Today was the first day that I put my housework list into action and I'm so excited to tell you that I got so much more done than I thought I could! I have such a sense of accomplishment to see what all did get done in the space of eight hours! Now.... if I could just get myself up earlier......
I'm off to make rolls!

No comments: