Monday, December 31, 2007

Dessert!

Have you ever had a hankering' to make a dessert, but find that you don't have the basic ingredient necessary to satisfy this "hankering"? Such was my plight Saturday afternoon..... All I wanted was to make a Dessert for our Sunday afternoon Lunch, but found that we only had enough flour to thicken gravy!
So I grabbed one of Mamma's cookbooks and began searching for something that didn't call for flour! I came across a cheesecake recipe that I remember Mrs. Greene saying was incredible, so I decided to give it a try.
It was the BEST cheesecake that I have had in a long time!!! It was creamy and sweet and ooh, so good! It reminded me of the cheesecake sample that I had had while up in New York City several years ago. So, here's the recipe for you to try yourself!!! I shouldn't keep things this good to myself!

Crust:
1 1/2 Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Butter, melted
Mix Graham Cracker Crumbs and sugar with melted butter. Line a spring form pan with crumb mixture going slightly up sides of pan. Pat crust down.
Filling:
1 pint Sour Cream
3 (8oz.) Cream Cheese
1 cup Sugar
4 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350. Beat sour cream in bowl, set aside. In a large bowl put cream cheese, 1 c. sugar and vanilla. Start beating adding 1 egg at a time. Beat well. Add sour cream and mix. Pour into prepared spring form pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
Turn oven off and leave cake in oven for next 30 minutes. * Do NOT open oven door until done* Cool cheesecake before refrigerating.
"Chelsey Making the Crust"
Of course I wasn't alone in the kitchen! Chelsey made the crust which was soooooooo good!

"Fresh From my Nap"
Sawyer stirred the sour cream.
Now that I think about it, the cheesecake turned out so well becuase there were so many people involved in making it! Joint efforts are always the best!

Here's another idea: "Add pumpkin pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg for a pumpkin cheesecake". I'm going to try this the next time I make it!

This recipe comes from The MOMYS cookbook under "Nanette's Cheesecake" by Kariann and Nanette.

No comments: