Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Making Your Home A Haven Challenge- Day 3

After I successfully accomplished almost everything on yesterdays' list, I was ready to tackle today!!! So here is how I began:


"1) Refresh You Spirit (5 Minutes)
If you have a chance, I encourage you to think of three things you are thankful for. Write them down and express gratitude to the Lord. Focus on the blessings in your life, not on the things you wish you could change. Choose to bloom where God has planted you! An attitude of gratitude will go a long way in making your home a haven!"
Wow!!! Just three things??? I have so much to be thankful for! First off, I'm thankful for parents who are raising their children in the admonition of the Lord. Secondly, I'm thankful for how the Lord has led and guided us the past several years! I can look back and see how He has led and it's exciting! Thirdly, I'm thankful for the beauty in nature all around me! I watched the sun rise yesterday morning and was reminded how Gods' love and care for me!


"2) Take Time to Plan (5 minutes)
In addition to writing out a short to-do list numbered in order of importance today like we did yesterday, I encourage you to plan what you are having for dinner. Make it your aim to have dinner completely made or almost completely made by lunch time. This will make for a much more peaceful afternoon and evening."
My list went like this:
1)practice horn
2)straighten up shop
3)get banking done
4)make and put up garland
5)make soap
Everything was accomplished EXCEPT for making the soap, which I'm not to worried about. I can do that on Friday!
I didn't supper prep very early; it is something really easy. It just has to simmer for an hour, and it's already on the stove simmering!!

"3) Do Something! (15 minutes or so)
Today we're going to focus on the laundry and laundry room. Light a candle, put on your apron, turn on some uplifting music, and get busy!Your goal by the end of today is to have all of your laundry finished, folded, and put away .For those of you with a laundry room or laundry area, take some time to organize and clean up this area. Wipe down your washer and dryer, check for socks and other articles of clothing behind and on the sides of your washer and dryer, and clean out your dryer lint."
When I read this I literally groaned. Our "laundry room" is out in the shop. The shop has many hats.... it's a garden center, a storage building, a laundry room, has a tadpole pond in it (with real live tad poles!), the dog food and rabbit food is kept out there, etc..... it collects dirt real quick! So I gathered my thoughts and my courage and went to work on the laundry aspect of the room!


Before
Sayre had just gotten all of the laundry out of the house and it all needed to be sorted. I started a load, wiped down the washer and dryer, cabinets, and part of the article of furniture there on the right, and finished off with sweeping the whole room. As the laundry started to come out of the dryer I would fold it and put on the counter in each persons pile.


After
Eight hours and Eight loads of laundry later, the "laundry room " looked much nicer! I'm exhausted though, for in between loads of laundry I was working on my list PLUS, the other things that popped up!


One of the things on my list was making and putting a garland up around my closet doors. I had had this on my "to do list" for so long that it was starting to become a burden. I decided to make time and do it this afternoon before this wound up becoming a job instead of enjoyment!


Sayre, Sawyer, and I headed out to the Juniper trees for limbs and while I put it up, Sawyer played with a hammer and nails. I've put colored lights in the garland so I can't wait to see how it looks tonight!
I feel like I have really accomplished something!!! I'll sleep well tonight that's for sure! I won't be able to do anything tomorrow as I'll be in Greenville all day, but I'll be back and ready to hit whatever is next on Friday!

No comments: