Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Rather Slow Day

Upon awakening this morning we were delighted to find that not only had it rained during but that it was raining right then!!! It rained all the way up until ten o'clock this morning and we are praising the Lord for sending this much needed rain! He is always so faithful to answer prayer!

"Mud Puu-les Ashy?"
I have to admit that at times we act like we haven't even seen rain for we stand in the windows or on the porch and watch it rain!! We'll even exclaim to each other "Hey! It's raining!!"

"In-Complete Project"
Since it is rather wet and humid outside I decided that NOW was the time to paint my closet doors. I had run out of paint before I could get to them and it's just been recently that we were able to get some more. So, that is what I've been doing this afternoon!

"The BEST Afternoon Snack"
When I came downstairs I found that Collin had made a batch of Granola Bars!!! There is nothing like a fresh granola bar when you're hungry!!! They are pretty easy to make and are a sure fire way to give an extra boost during the late afternoon. I'll share the recipe below.
1 1/2 C. Oatmeal Flakes
1 1/2 C. Graham Cracker crumbs or Bran Flakes
1C. Rice Krispies Cereal
4T. Flax or Sesame Seeds
1/2 coconut flakes -optional
1/2C. nut meats (sunflower, pecan, walnut, almond, etc.)
1-2 C. dried fruits
Stir the above together in a large bowl.

1/2C. Butter
1-10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
Melt these together and then pour over the dry mixture. Mix well and then pour into a greased 9x13 dish. Spray wax paper with cooking spray and then use to pack the mixture into pan (you can also use the butter wrapper). Sprinkle with chocolate chips and serve!
Get adventurous and find different things to add! We use different kinds of cereal and add peanut butter and instant coffee -highly recommended!

4 comments:

A Joyful Heart said...

That recipes sounds SO yummy! I might try it soon. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

I am so thankful that you all received some rain, Ashley! What a blessing! I am sure that your gardens appreciated it. :)

Your room is so pretty and feminine! And the painting job looks very nice. :)

Ashley said...

Under Southern Skies- Thank you for your comment!

Sarah-You should see the grass Sarah!! It's actually turning green!! It gave the plants a lift that they really needed!
Thank you for commenting about my room. I'm so pleased with how it turned out and cannot wait to get the curtains up!!
~Ashley

Sarah said...

I am so glad that your grass and plants are doing so much better after the rain, Ashley! :)