Friday, December 26, 2008

Ramblings...

Today is a "dreary day" perfect for curling up with a soft blanket and a good book for the rest of the afternoon. As much as I would love to do this, common sense tells me that I had better "make hay while the sun shines". I've been asked to help with inventory at a friends home business in the next day or so, and I really need to get a sewing project done before she calls for my aid. Sew, part of this morning and what's left of this afternoon is being spent in the sewing room working on a blouse that has been in the works for several weeks now.

"Sunset from the Hill at Bull Run"
As I sit here the house is quiet; the boys are all outside working on various projects and I've put on several Christmas CD's to help with "the lack of noise". Thelma will coming over this evening, we will crack open the gallon bucket of fudge ripple ice cream, brew some French Vanilla coffee, finish off the steam pudding, and watch "It's a Wonderful Life". Ahh...Simple life here at the home place!

4 comments:

Updated by Lila Huggins (grandmother) said...

Ahh... Yes, the simple life is the best life Ashley. You seem to apprecite that.

God be with you,
Miss Lila in Atlanta

Ashley said...

Yes I do Miss Lila! Thank you!
~Ashley

Sarah said...

I hope that doing the inventory goes well for you, Ashley! And that your sewing goes smoothly for you also.

It sounds like you and Thelma planned a special evening! I am sure you enjoyed yourselves. :)

Thank you for sharing the photo of the sunset! It is beautiful!

Have a wonderful day!

Ashley said...

Thank for all the well wishes Sarah! I did inventory yesterday and simply have to put it into a spreadsheet for her and then I'll be done!
Sewing is going fine although it appears that the collar isn't long enough and I know I cut it out right!
It's been busy but fun!
~Ashley