Friday, October 5, 2007

A Gardening I've Been.

I've been diggin' in the dirt this afternoon! What a terrific way to unwind and relax!!! My recently expanded garden was in dire need of a path or two and I'm so pleased with what I came up with!!! It only took some lime and an hour of my time early last week, then this past Monday I was able to find enough rocks and bricks to form my pathway AND get it all "installed". Here's what it looks like!
The "circle" is the new path. The Butterfly bush is not going to stay in the middle of it. It's getting moved somewhere (I still have to think that one through); my idea for the circle is to get a birdbath and then plant tall flowers, such as cosmos or zinnia's, all around it to give it-the birdbath- a secluded feel.

So today Momma, Collin, Sawyer, and I went to Dills Farm and Garden center in Honea Path and I bought a flat of pansies..................

......and these two sweet little bunnies that were on sale!!! Did I mention that I love it when "sweet garden art" is half off????!!!! I felt like I had stolen them instead of buying them!!
Here are the little guys properly "installed"!

The End result! I'm just tickled pink with how everything in my garden is going!!!!!! I've made a pack with myself not to buy any more plants until spring time arrives........ I hope I can survive!! I wish y'all could see it in person; if you do happen to drop in, let me know ahead of time so I can get the major weeds out!!!

No comments: